I had my 37 week doctor appointment today. Dr. Fackler checked my cervix and said that I had made a little bit of progress since last week. I'm about 1 1/2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. He also said the same thing that the nurse practitioner said last week about Kellen being very low in my pelvic bone region. Well, duh! I could have told you that!
I tested negative for Strep-B, which means I won't have to be on antibiotics during labor/birth, which is a good thing. I asked about Kellen measuring so big in his u/s. Dr. Fackler said it did look as if he was measuring large, but he won't do anything about that until 39 weeks. If it looks like Kellen is going to be HUGE by then, he'll induce me, but for now, I have to hang in there. I feel pretty good, so I am definitely willing to hang in there. I really don't want to have to go back to work after Kellen is born, so I'd like him to stay in there until April 22 or so. We'll see what happens!
How far along? 37 weeks---full term baby! Woo hoo!
Total weight gain: 35 lbs. or so. Although, I haven't gained anything in the past 3 weeks!
Maternity clothes? Oh maternity clothes, how I despise thee! It has been in the 80s here, which is unusual for Ohio. I do not have summer maternity clothes, so I am not a happy camper right now! This weather just confirms the fact that I am happy I will have an outside baby once the heat of the summer gets here. I could NOT handle being pregnant in steamy, humid weather!
Sleep: Not good. I fall asleep just fine, but wake up and toss and turn for hours upon hours.
Best moment this week: Having maternity pictures taken by the lovely Ashley Begley.
Movement: Well, having over a 7lb baby moving around inside of you is not fun! There have been a few nights when I have been lying in bed and have almost shed a few tears because he was pushing out on my belly so hard. It really hurt! Despite this, I still love feeling him move, especially since he seems to react when I put my hand on my belly. So fun!
Gender: Yep, still a boy!
Labor Signs: I have the occasional BH. I have also been getting cramps in my lower back every once in a while, but they don't come around to the front, so I've been told not to worry about them just yet.
Belly Button in or out? Still in. I don't think it is going to pop.
What I miss: Beer. It's been warm and summer-like outside and beer just seems to go with that!
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my little guy!
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment