OMG! I am 9 months pregnant! I can't believe it!
I had my 36 week appt and growth u/s on Monday, March 29. One of the doctors in the practice had to rush to the hospital for a delivery, so the doctor I was supposed to see was slammed with more patients. Then I found out the doctor I was supposed to see was also called in to the hospital so I got to see the nurse practitioner. I've never seen her before, but she was great. She did the Strep B test (Yikes! I felt so violated!) and then checked to see if I was dilated. She said, "Wow, that baby is right there!" She also told me that I am 1cm dilated and my cervix is thinning nicely. The internal was NOT comfortable at all, probably b/c he is so low. Ouch! It wasn't painful per se, I just felt lots and lots of pressure.
We then went in for our u/s. The tech started by checking his head size. He measured 38w/3d! She had to triple check the measurements b/c she didn't think they were right! She then checked his abdomen and that was also measuring 38w/3d. The only part of him that was measuring right on was his thigh bone! LOL!
As for his weight, it was estimated between 7.2lbs and 7.6lbs. She said that he could be 1 lb below that. And, at this point, babies gain 1/2 lb. a week. Sooooo, that means I could be dealing with a 8-9lb baby if I go to 40 weeks. Ouch.
She didn't seem to think I was going to make it to 40 weeks, based on his size and how low he is already. I guess time will tell!
How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain: 30-35 lbs. Although, I haven't gained anything in the past 2 weeks!
Maternity clothes? Ha! I am having trouble finding shirts that cover my belly without making me look like as big as a house!
Sleep: I've been sleeping for longer periods of time, but have been getting up to pee a lot. Not fun.
Best moment this week: Getting to see our little guy in the u/s. We haven't seen him since our big u/s at 18 weeks. He was pretty shy this time around, but it was still good to see him.
Movement: He doesn't stop moving, or at least that is what it seems like!
Gender: Boy...we saw the family jewels in the u/s!
! Labor Signs: I have the occasional BH. I haven't felt any regular contractions that I know of.
Belly Button in or out? Still in. I don't think it is going to pop.
What I miss: Being able to bend down easily to pick something up. Tying my shoes. Scooting up to the table. Sitting in a booth without having my stomach touch the table. Wine. Beer.
What I am looking forward to: Tomorrow is April 1. Kellen is going to be born this month! Woo hoo!

No comments:
Post a Comment